Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default GMB Union

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 10:43:51 +0000 (GMT), John Cartmell
wrote:

In article , Andy Luckman (AJL
Electronics) wrote:
In article , John Cartmell
wrote:

Indeed your description of your objectivity leads one to a single
conclusion - you're a liar.

A little uncalled for John. I realise that we are all on different sides of
the fence, but a discussion needn't turn into a slanging match. I still
have respect for the views of yourself and others, even though they are so
misguided. :-)

I've no objection to his saying that he objects to unions. Dismissing a simple
and true description of what unions do as rubbish - and at the same time
claiming to be fair and objective - requires a marker to be set down. He can
choose to be a right-wing apologist or he can stop dismissing fair comment.

If you actually read what I wrote, you would realise that I didn't
dismiss anything. I didn't say that what you described didn't or
doesn't happen or that unions may play a part in it.

I simply said that union involvement isn't necessary in order to
achieve a safe and effective workplace, and it isn't.

Where you get the notion that this is a right wing position eludes me.
Surely unions should be apolitical if they are to represent their
members fairly and not to create an adversarial situation, shouldn't
they?

--

..andy