Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete C

Default Sink drain giving trouble - water not draining.

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 14:07:09 +0000, Pete C
wrote:

Hi,

This is my usual method for unblocking a sink:

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.d-i-y/msg/1d58d58946c4b711

Once unblocked I slowly pour a kettle of boiling hot water down the
sink to soften any remaining blockage, then half fill the sink again
and repeat the above to help ensure it gets totally unblocked.

BTW if you have a washing machine standpipe or similar, which is
between the sink plug hole and the blockage, it'd be a good idea to
block it off with strong tape or similar before squirting half a
gallon of water down the plug hole!

cheers,
Pete.