Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Daniel Kaplan

Default Need to find a motor

i never said monitor...have a dead VCR.

so you want me to just open it and look? granted that worked with the DVD
player, but only cause it was the motor....how would i know WHAT to look for
if it's electronic, not physical?

"James Sweet" wrote in message

nyc...yes, i have craiglist in my area! but the point is, looking at a
broken monitor, without some basic knowledge, or some guide book, how can
i even attempt to diagnose and fix. i got lucky with the DVD, was able
to trace it to somethign physical, the motor...electronics will be
different, was hoping there was some good starter book out there someone
could recommend

If there's a worthwhile book on repairing electronics, I've never seen
one. Most techs learn from experience.

What's wrong with the monitor?