Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques

Default Tinting Expoy

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 10:11:15 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "K & C
Hunter" quickly quoth:

Thanks to all for the fine suggestions. With regard to pigment-type
additions, I would have thought that these might leach out of the epoxy over
time, but I will give it a go in any case.

If you're worried, lay down a coat or two of finish before cutting the
inlay. It will protect the bare wood while you lay in the tinted
epoxy. I understand that a hand scraper (used on the epoxy prior to it
fully setting up) will be the easiest and least messy way to bring it
flat.

--
As a well spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death.
--Leonard da Vinci (1452-1519)