Posted to rec.woodworking
Bruce Barnett

Default Any Saw Stop Owners

"Upscale" writes:

Tell me, aside from a few calculations on your computer, what do you own
that is 99.9999% effective? Name one thing.

Look into "6 Sigma" - here's a FAQ:

http://www.isixsigma.com/sixsigma/six_sigma.asp

to achieve 6 sigma quality, you need 3.4 defects per 6 million
opportunities.

Thousands of businesses are using this data-driven methodology to
improve quality and profit.

GE, for instance, claims to have saved $10 billion because of this.
They really needed to, because their quality was low at the time. I
heard of a story where some city was going to buy a $5 million
generator, and when the boss found out that they were planning to by a
GE generator - he said "No way. My wife bought a GE refrigerator, and
it was a piece of crap."