Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Daniel Kaplan

Default Need to find a motor

"James Sweet" wrote in message
news:ruMof.308$aU4.145@trnddc06...

Well what's wrong with it? If you post the model of whatever the thing is
and a description of the symptoms people may be able to give you pointers
that will get you started. You'll probably find, as I did, that once you
work on a number of monitors or TV's for example, they all start looking
pretty similar on the inside and the same few problems tend to turn up on
a lot of them.

Section as in location, the Seattle craigslist for example won't help you
much if you're in say, Florida or vice versa.

nyc...yes, i have craiglist in my area! but the point is, looking at a
broken monitor, without some basic knowledge, or some guide book, how can i
even attempt to diagnose and fix. i got lucky with the DVD, was able to
trace it to somethign physical, the motor...electronics will be different,
was hoping there was some good starter book out there someone could
recommend