Posted to microsoft.public.multimedia.windows.mediaplayer,alt.video,alt.video.dvd,sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar

Default ATI card will not sense older tv as sec. display unless VCR connected, help!

On 16 Dec 2005 07:33:23 -0800, put
finger to keyboard and composed:

I have been trying to connect my older Zenith television to my ATI
video card
as a second display. The ATI card would sense that my Toshiba tv had
been connected with no difficulty and show it is as active . But with
the older Zenith tv, it will not sense my connecting it unless I run
the connection through the VCR. If I connect the video card RCA out
to the television aux in, the card will not sense the tv and activate
it as a second display device.

Maybe your card needs to sense a 75 ohm termination. You can test for
this by connecting a 75 ohm resistor across the card's RCA video
output pins. This should simulate the presence of a TV.

With your TV unplugged, what resistance do you measure at the TV's RCA
video inputs? What about your Toshiba TV? Is it possible that the
Zenith's AV inputs are AC coupled while the Toshiba's are DC
coupled??? What resistance do you measure at the VCR's AV inputs?

- Franc Zabkar