Posted to alt.home.repair
Zed

Default Furnance Question - Cycling

If you read her post, she states the igniter ignites for about 5-30 seconds.
If she had stated that the burners went on and off then it would seem to be
a flame sensor problem. There is no need for nastiness or name calling. The
only way to properly diagnose the problem is to have a contractor check the
furnace and she is having that done in a few days.

"Bubba " ReMoVe wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 03:11:18 GMT, "Zed" wrote:

We have found it to be a very reliable furnace if installed properly. They
do tend to be a bit noisy. RPJ2 is not the model number. You will find
that
on the rating plate inside the burner compartment. Sounds like you may
need
a new hot surface igniter.

Idiot. The furnace lights. It just doesnt stay lit all the time. Stick
to something else. HVAC isnt yours or Stormys field.
Here's a quarter. Go buy a clue.
Bubba

"Amy L" wrote in message
I have a comfortmaker RPJ2 that has a problem. When it goes on
everything
appears to operate fine. The blower is going the ignitor ignites for
about
5-30 seconds than kicks off. It seems to do this about two times and on
the third time it stays lit and runs. I am suspecting this maybe
something
related to safety that might be kicking in? Possibly the thermocouple
not
registering the heat from the flame?

FWIW - I am not going to crack it open and start trying to fix it. I am
going to leave it up to the pro's that will show up on Monday. However,
am trying to get some what of an idea of what the problem could be so
when
the tech starts talking I won't feel so stupid.

Also any thoughts on the Comfortmaker RPJ2 - is this a good unit?
Cheap?
How efficient or old (do they still make this model, etc)?

Amy