Posted to alt.home.repair
Grandpa Dan

Default Exterior painting - How do you paint the underside of horizontal surfaces?

All homes here where I live have been built that way for years. Vinyl
windows,siding, perforated vinyl soffit, aluminum facia/eave trim-color
match, all rain gutters same no painting what so ever. There are many
available heritage colors available these days and the look and grain
texture resembles wood.
"komobu" wrote in message
oups.com...
You should consider Vinyl Siding. I had a clap board sided house and I
ripped it all off. I put up insulation board and then vinyl siding. I
also have a brick home with wood soffit. I ripped the wood out of the
overhangs and replaced with vinyl soffit material. It was an easy job
for the Do it yourselfer and I'll never have to paint it again! It can
also help with ventilation if you use the ventilated soffit material.
If you paint, you have to keep repainting every few years. I did this
to one of my homes 10 years ago and the other 7. They both look as good
now as when the job was first completed. I never regretted it. I would
deffinately do this to any home I ever own.

Just my two cents
Pat