Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
mm

Default Kenmore Appliances

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 04:21:09 GMT, "Tom"
wrote:

If it's aWhirlpool built, I have a little experience with that, and in
mine, there is no need to take off the front to removed the water
pump. It can be done from the back (and maybe the bottom too, I don't
reember. Once the water was out, I tipped it over forwards.

Since about 1983, Whirlpool washers can't be accessed through the back

Thnks. Good to know.

panel. Back panel is part of the main frame from which everything else
hangs. I had a customer who used a crowbar to pry the back panel back so he
could see inside to make repairs...obviously he then had to buy a new
washer.

That's sad, but the funny thing is that when the OP said he was trying
to pry off the front panel, I had an image of him doing just that kind
of damage to *his* washer!

Generally one shouldn't use a crowbar on appliances.

Tom G.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.