Old Nick

Default The British and shopping cart technology

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 04:02:07 GMT, "ATP"
wrote something
.......and in reply I say!:

I reckon that human anture is such that any desposit that guarantees
the return of something will be too large for people to willingly pay
in the first place.

Somebody gets $20.00/hour as pay. They "think" to themselves "it takes
3 minutes to return the cart. That's got to be one dollar deposit to
be just worth it". I reckon some enterprising soul would make a
fortune at $1 per cart, just picking them up. Or better still "return
your cart for 50c" G

With a cart, at least there is the fact that you _have_ to have the
acrt, so a large deposit may be possible.

Sam's Club tried them for a while but gave up on the system, I'm not sure
why. I think it was more to try and get people to return the carts to the
proper place than to keep people from taking them off the premises.

I could never _see_ myself as anything!

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music
Please remove ns from my header address to reply via email
!!
")
_/ )
( )