Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E

Default Who has bought a snow blower recently?

wrote in message
I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get one. The local guys want
$35 a pop to clear the driveway, and we've already had 2 or 3 heavy
snows here in northwestern IL.

From what I've read in the archives, Ariens seems to be a favorite.
There's only one Ariens dealer locally, so I'm going to go out there
today and see what they have. My experience with them (at least with
John Deere equipment) is that their prices are pretty high.

Anyone know the going street price for the Ariens 926LE?

Also, Home Depot is offering 12 months same-as-cash (which I could
really use!) but they only have Yard Macines and Toro.

Maybe a better question is, "How has your brand held up". You will get
a thumbs up/ down on just about everything out there. I'ver heard the least
negative about Ariens but I've had a Craftsman for 9 yrs - 10HP B&S
engine - and no problems whatsoever. If need to store a blower in an
unheated
shed or unattached garage I would recommend an electric starter. After it's
warmed up it is easy to re-start but I've only had to do that twice in all
these
years and that was due to running out of fuel. Hint: Buy yourself one of
those military-like parkas with the hood that envelopes your head and
face. When you inevitably get the blow back you will be glad you have one.