Posted to alt.home.repair
Bubba

Default Furnace shut down

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 13:05:52 GMT, Rick wrote:

I have a Rheem Criterion Gas furnce with an intermitant problem. My
house was built in 1997 and the furnace is the same age. The problem
I have been experiencing is when the furnace starts it's cycle the
ignitor will glow, the flame kicks in and when the blower comes on the
flame will go out. This repeats 4 times. I'll leave it alone and it
seems to correct itself. I havecleaned the flame sensor and have
checked the ground and every thing seems fine. Could it be the gas
valve?

It could be many things. Why not call your local licensed professional
HVAC dealer and have him look at it before it quits on a weekend, you
freeze your ass off and you pay through the nose for an overtime
service call?
Bubba