Posted to rec.woodworking
David

Default Magic Moulder Evaluation on the Radial Arm Saw

Pardon my ignorance of the capabilities of a RAS, but wouldn't a molder
hanging from a RAS head create vibration, movement and CHATTER because
the head can never be made rigid enough to remain 100% motionless in
relation to the table? A table saw's arbor doesn't move in relation to
the table and consequently I get superb results from a Sears molder when
used on my Unisaw. Also the Sears molder is a 3 cutter unit; the Magic
molder, if I'm not mistaken has only 2 cutters.

This is a serious post; please don't be flip. g

Dave