Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Default Garage door opener

The problem with the high version - won't pass safety inspection if you sell the house.
If you need to disconnect it - there is something wrong going on.
You don't want a door falling on you or your car....

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

"Hank" wrote:

Has anyone ever bypassed the electric eye in a garage door opener? Some
value resistor should simulate a properly adjusted eye.

Hank

Why do that?

I mounted mine high enough that it could see my 4x4. Don't have kids
so protecting them wasn't an issue.

Wish I had a way to check if my ham radio antenna was erected before I
drove in.

Wes