Posted to alt.home.repair
TH

Default Furnace Installation....Reasonable price???

We have a fairly well insulated 1800 Sq Ft home in upstate NY and have a
80,000 BTU Lennox pulse furnace. We have no problem keeping the house warm
on the 20 below days but do have issues with the time required ( 3 hrs at
least) bringing it back up to 68 degrees after a 60 degree nighttime
setback. On cold days we go to manual and little setback.

"kids" wrote in message
Last year Carrier Infinity 2 stage VS DC motor furnace installed by Direct
Energy cost 4100CA$. + new Aprilair 600 humidifier 250$ installed. + GST
Plus 300$ Endbridge rebate. Plus expecting more rebates as I did home
efficiency audit before installing furnace, and submitted results just
now.
If you go with DirectEnergy, you have to pray that they will send you a
good crew (they have many, and some of them have no clue what they are
doing).
My old furnace was 120BTU, new is 100BTU - more than enough for my 3700sq
feet home + basement.
A year ago I was quoted difference in price between 100,000BTU furnace and
120,000BTU furnace around 75$.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,
Sorry, I forgot to mention that it will be a 100,000 BTU unit.
The load calculation was done (but not in writing). The existing
furnace is 80,000 BTUs. The salesperson mentioned that for our house
(2700 sq.ft) the 80,000 BTU unit will suffice but it would be better to
go to the next higher BTU unit. The price differential between 80,000
and 100,000 is only around $200.

wrote:
Hello,
I am located in Ottawa, Canada. We are thinking of replacing
our 20 yr. old furnace. The old furnace works but we recently had a
couple of service calls and thought best to start looking at
replacement.
Yesterday we were quoted a price of $5000 Canadian dollars
(around $4300 US) for a replacement furnace.
The new furnace will be a high efficiency Carrier Infinity 96
(dual stage heating, variable speed DC motor, 5 yr parts warranty and a
lifetime heat exchanger warranty). This was quoted by a reputable and
large company with offices across the province.
I was wondering if this is a reasonable price.
Thank you.