Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Shuman

Default NTC 5D-9 Thermistor?

Travis,

I'll go for the replacement part thanks since I am 99+% certain that this
will fix the supply given my previous experiment jumping around the blown
part coupled with the fact the protection fuse was not damaged. Hopefully
by putting in a replacement part that has twice the previous' current limit
this should not happen again.

I am a firm believer in minimizing waste and really hate to see anything at
all go to a landfill that can be repaired. And besides the ecological
aspect, it is so much more rewarding to fix something that is considered
dead by most people. By the way, the part (1 piece) from Mouser was $1.39,
and although I'm sure that the shipping and handling will increase that
figure, it still should be much less than a replacement supply.

Bob

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
news
Travis Jordan wrote:
I just saw that CompUSA had an 500W Antec supply for $20 after
rebates, sale good through tomorrow. You might want to get one of
these for a spare or in case the thermistor fails again due to some
undetermined problem. Order it online and you won't even have to
drive to a store. Cheap insurance (but not as much fun as fixing a
broken supply!).