Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Travis Jordan

Default NTC 5D-9 Thermistor?

Bob Shuman wrote:
Thank you again for the help here in understanding the specifications.

No problem - and I hope you'll get his PC back up and running.

I just saw that CompUSA had an 500W Antec supply for $20 after rebates,
sale good through tomorrow. You might want to get one of these for a
spare or in case the thermistor fails again due to some undetermined
problem. Order it online and you won't even have to drive to a store.
Cheap insurance (but not as much fun as fixing a broken supply!).

http://www.compusa.com/adproducts/pr...0089&Ne=200000

OTOH if you need a good source for a replacement PS in the future I'd
recommend these guys.

http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/Ca...sp?Category=32