Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Loftydon

Default GE Spectra Range Electronics display unit bad... Next Step

Hi, All..
Using the method suggested by Matt Roberds, I determined that I need a
small power transformer (the bad one was mounted to the control unit pc
board) that has the following specifications (or close to them): Primary:
115 vac Secondary: 8 vac, center tapped (4 vac + 4 vac). I've looked
around at some surplus sites (All Electronics, Digikey, Allied, B.G.
Micro, etc. but haven't been able to find one with those spec's. I can
mount the xfmr on the stove chassis and run the leads to the pcb; just
can't find an xfmr. Using the variac and a 24 vac xfmr, the unit came
alive at about 3 vac and became active at 3.75 vac and very bright clock
readout at 4 vac. Does anyone have any suggestions where I could find one
in the range of 300 ma to 1000 ma? Thanks for any assistance!!

Don in sunny Florida