Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Shuman

Default NTC 5D-9 Thermistor?

Thanks again for taking the time to help educate me. From your explanation
of the table (which makes perfect sense), I think the 5D-15 (6A in rush)
seems to double the original current limit, but retains the 5 ohm startup
resistance and 0.18 ohm steady state resistance. The 5D-18 would probably
also do the trick ... it just has a slightly lower resistance, but I do not
think this is an issue at all since ideally it would be zero anyway.

Now to find this beast.... The local retail RS had nothing. They also did
not have anything listed in their catalog either. in fact,. the only
thermistor they carry was a 10K ohm initial value. I'll have to try some of
the local electrical supply houses. Thanks also for the alternative CL40.
I'll have to see what I can find.

Bob

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
. ..
Travis Jordan wrote:
I would replace it with a NTC 5D-18 which has a 7A current rating.

Oops - my error - you want the same terminal resistance so use a NTC
8D-18 (8A).