Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB

Default engineering calculation needed

Construction and installation of this major project will take place in
Spring of 2006. I will keep all appraised. Photos will be available as
fabrication progresses, at installation, testing, and finish.

What I intend to do is fully mount everything, and leave the middle standoff
out. I will then make a 200# load and measure deflection. I will then
install the standoff as a CYA feature. I am going to make a public guess on
record that the deflection in the middle of 15' and the lifting point 2'6"
off the vertical will be less than one inch. We'll see if I am even close.

Thanks for all the help, input, and insights into areas I had never thought
of.

Steve