Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB

Default engineering calculation needed

For the engineers in the group, and those who seem to know of these things

If you would like, e mail me at , and I will fax or
send you a jpeg of my drawing, and you can get it just right.

I DO believe this thing will work, and I am not going to use it to lift
things much heavier than a couple of suitcases or a few bags of groceries.

So far, I'm into this about $200, so it is not just a frivolous widget.
But, failure can cause heavy damage to my structure. I think if I stay less
than 200#, probably more like 100 most of the time, I shouldn't have a
problem. I would just like to be sure, and hear from someone who can
calculate such things.

Steve