Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin Mormon

Default Furnance Question - Cycling

That, or flame sensor rod.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.
It's longer in the short run
but shorter in the long run.
..

"Zed" wrote in message
We have found it to be a very reliable furnace if installed properly. They
do tend to be a bit noisy. RPJ2 is not the model number. You will find that
on the rating plate inside the burner compartment. Sounds like you may need
a new hot surface igniter.

"Amy L" wrote in message
I have a comfortmaker RPJ2 that has a problem. When it goes on everything
appears to operate fine. The blower is going the ignitor ignites for about
5-30 seconds than kicks off. It seems to do this about two times and on
the third time it stays lit and runs. I am suspecting this maybe something
related to safety that might be kicking in? Possibly the thermocouple not
registering the heat from the flame?

FWIW - I am not going to crack it open and start trying to fix it. I am
going to leave it up to the pro's that will show up on Monday. However, I
am trying to get some what of an idea of what the problem could be so when
the tech starts talking I won't feel so stupid.

Also any thoughts on the Comfortmaker RPJ2 - is this a good unit? Cheap?
How efficient or old (do they still make this model, etc)?

Amy