Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Furnace Installation....Reasonable price???

Hello,
I am located in Ottawa, Canada. We are thinking of replacing
our 20 yr. old furnace. The old furnace works but we recently had a
couple of service calls and thought best to start looking at
replacement.
Yesterday we were quoted a price of $5000 Canadian dollars
(around $4300 US) for a replacement furnace.
The new furnace will be a high efficiency Carrier Infinity 96
(dual stage heating, variable speed DC motor, 5 yr parts warranty and a
lifetime heat exchanger warranty). This was quoted by a reputable and
large company with offices across the province.
I was wondering if this is a reasonable price.
Thank you.