Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Gary H

Default The truth about OS/2!!! [ Why aren't computer clocks as accurateas cheap quartz watches?]

Ed Medlin wrote:

Snip

And "Merry Christmas" to you Gary.

You will note that I said "Have a good holiday season" That is
because I am not Christian and I do not celebrate "Christmas".
But, thank you anyway. :-)

When talking pipelines in and
through Canada, you have to take into consideration that your economy needs
to continue to be the largest oil supplier to the US. Many people don't know
that you ARE the largest importer of oil we currently have.

I'm sure you mean Canada is the largest exporter of petroleum
products to the US. And, hopefully we will continue to be.
Only however, if environmental and native concerns are properly
considered and protected.
That's my belief, not necessarily the way it will be. If it's
not? Then I have the right to express my concerns without being
labeled paranoid and a conspiracy buff.

US companies DO
purchase your oil, but by no means OWN it. Your producers do. Any pipeline
from Alaska or anywhere is a positive for your economy by giving another
conduit for shipping your petroleum to the US or to ports to export
elsewhere.

Please read the full thread. When discussing the Alaska Gas
Pipeline, the discussion revolved around environmental concerns,
not dollars and the economy.

You may disagree with David but your insults about him could not be
further from the truth. It is you that just cannot stand to have someone
that doesn't agree with you.

My "insults" were rhetorical comments showing that I didn't have
the right to insult. Please observe context when reading the
material. My command of English may not be the best but I give
it my best shot.

My "nastiest asshole" comment *was* a genuine remark.

You have this built-in hate for large
corporations like Microsoft and oil companies that no one is going to change
and you can only respond to others with insults and unsubstantiated "facts".
You seem unable to accept that there are a lot of positives and not just
negatives in respect to these companies being successful.

I have no hate for anything or anyone, built-in or otherwise.
But, I do feel there is something wrong in the system and if
folks think that sounds paranoid, then so be it. It's called an
honest opinion based on observation (subjective I think they
call it), not a fact, unsubstantiated or otherwise and it
certainly is not paranoia.

Ed