Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Ed Medlin

Default The truth about OS/2!!! [ Why aren't computer clocks as accurate as cheap quartz watches?]

"Gary H" wrote in message
.. .
David Maynard wrote:
Gary H wrote:

David Maynard wrote:

SNIP

This is obviously going nowhere. You have your opinion, I have mine.
Hmmm, strange huh? Just like two nations. :-)

As with them, discussions are sometimes useless.

It is true that discussions usually go no where when one, or both, simply
throw 'opinions' around. That's why I provide the logic and reasoning, so
it isn't 'just an opinion'.

That, of course, doesn't work either if one clings to 'opinions'
regardless of logic or reasoning.

Sir, you supply *nothing* to these discussions except the same old tired
rhetoric, time after time, post after post. You "seem" as though you
don't live in the real world at all. All you ever offer the other side of
a discussion are your points of view while trying to the discredit the
other party with accusations of paranoia, flawed logic, being a whiner,
irrational, conspiracy buff and so on and so on.
You take a totally off-hand discussion of views, on a given subject, and
turn it into a personal thing where you try to discredit a point of view
with personal slurs. Then you have the audacity to say?

*When attempting to work with someone else it's never 'all' one or the
other and that you seem to think so is likely one of the problems.*

I didn't say that and I don't even believe that.
I would think *that* would likely be *your* major problem though because,
as I see it, some of the things I said were "spot-on" and some of the
things you said were "spot-on". However, you have indicated clearly, on
more than one occasion, that you believe you were *absolutely correct*
and I was *absolutely incorrect*.

Man, you have no idea what debate or discussion is. I *could* play your
game.
I could be saying I think you're nothing but a goddam troll who doesn't
have a life who spends his time in the NGs looking for arguments and
trying to impress people with the thickness of his black book of useless
information. But I won't.
I could also say, I believe you're a condescending lecturer type filled
with a sense of wonder at what you perceive to be *your* wealth of
accumulated knowledge and wisdom. But I won't.

Anyone, including me, can play that stupidly useless "personal card" as
well. Useless because, as I said somewhere far back in these bull****
meanderings, I don't know you, I don't know anything about you, not what
your life is and sure as hell not what your knowledge base or acquired
level of wisdom is. So, how can I, in good conscience, make personal
remarks and/or observations about you without, "logically" (a word you
like to use a lot) having those facts. I can't.

One thing I am sure of though and that is the fact that you're one of the
nastiest assholes I've ever been unfortunate enough to come across.
Further communication between us is definitely *not* in the cards.

Have a good "Holiday season"

And "Merry Christmas" to you Gary. When talking pipelines in and
through Canada, you have to take into consideration that your economy needs
to continue to be the largest oil supplier to the US. Many people don't know
that you ARE the largest importer of oil we currently have. US companies DO
purchase your oil, but by no means OWN it. Your producers do. Any pipeline
from Alaska or anywhere is a positive for your economy by giving another
conduit for shipping your petroleum to the US or to ports to export
elsewhere.
You may disagree with David but your insults about him could not be
further from the truth. It is you that just cannot stand to have someone
that doesn't agree with you. You have this built-in hate for large
corporations like Microsoft and oil companies that no one is going to change
and you can only respond to others with insults and unsubstantiated "facts".
You seem unable to accept that there are a lot of positives and not just
negatives in respect to these companies being successful.

Ed