Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Gary H

Default The truth about OS/2!!! [ Why aren't computer clocks as accurateas cheap quartz watches?]

David Maynard wrote:
Gary H wrote:

David Maynard wrote:

SNIP

This is obviously going nowhere. You have your opinion, I have mine.
Hmmm, strange huh? Just like two nations. :-)

As with them, discussions are sometimes useless.

It is true that discussions usually go no where when one, or both,
simply throw 'opinions' around. That's why I provide the logic and
reasoning, so it isn't 'just an opinion'.

That, of course, doesn't work either if one clings to 'opinions'
regardless of logic or reasoning.

Sir, you supply *nothing* to these discussions except the same
old tired rhetoric, time after time, post after post. You
"seem" as though you don't live in the real world at all. All
you ever offer the other side of a discussion are your points of
view while trying to the discredit the other party with
accusations of paranoia, flawed logic, being a whiner,
irrational, conspiracy buff and so on and so on.
You take a totally off-hand discussion of views, on a given
subject, and turn it into a personal thing where you try to
discredit a point of view with personal slurs. Then you have
the audacity to say?

*When attempting to work with someone else it's never 'all' one
or the other and that you seem to think so is likely one of the
problems.*

I didn't say that and I don't even believe that.
I would think *that* would likely be *your* major problem though
because, as I see it, some of the things I said were "spot-on"
and some of the things you said were "spot-on". However, you
have indicated clearly, on more than one occasion, that you
believe you were *absolutely correct* and I was *absolutely
incorrect*.

Man, you have no idea what debate or discussion is. I *could*
play your game.
I could be saying I think you're nothing but a goddam troll who
doesn't have a life who spends his time in the NGs looking for
arguments and trying to impress people with the thickness of his
black book of useless information. But I won't.
I could also say, I believe you're a condescending lecturer type
filled with a sense of wonder at what you perceive to be *your*
wealth of accumulated knowledge and wisdom. But I won't.

Anyone, including me, can play that stupidly useless "personal
card" as well. Useless because, as I said somewhere far back in
these bull**** meanderings, I don't know you, I don't know
anything about you, not what your life is and sure as hell not
what your knowledge base or acquired level of wisdom is. So,
how can I, in good conscience, make personal remarks and/or
observations about you without, "logically" (a word you like to
use a lot) having those facts. I can't.

One thing I am sure of though and that is the fact that you're
one of the nastiest assholes I've ever been unfortunate enough
to come across. Further communication between us is definitely
*not* in the cards.

Have a good "Holiday season"