Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jw

Default NB-making small things on big machines

daniel peterman wrote:
Back around 78 I tore up my left knee real bad when I hit a dog on my
RD400. Slid down the road with the bike on top of me for about 40 feet.
Major ligament and cartilage damage.
I had to ride that bike to the physical therapy sessions in the snow
twice a week.
Sold it soon after

Ouch.

But better than me. I wasn't able to leave "the ward" until I had
completed two weeks of PT. Talk about going stir crazy. When I wasn't
in PT, about the only thing I could do was watch TV. I rarely watch
TV.

FWIW, how I got there was to get T-boned by a Freightliner. Somehow I,
more or less, walked away from it. My right leg was destroyed, but 3
yrs later I can walk pretty much fine. There is a lot of SS and
titanium in that leg, but it functions "normally".

They had told me I would be lucky to leave in less than 2 months. I
told them I would be out in 2 weeks. I was. Still spent 6 months of
limited mobility at home, but at least I was at home.

JW