Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Gregory

Default cordless drill

"Chris Bacon" wrote in message
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Jim Gregory wrote:
I had the forerunner of this rechargeable Bosch found at Argos. Very
good spec - 12V, keyless, reversible, varispeed at about £40 from
Great Mills over10 years ago. But when the accumulator failed several
years later, I was quoted £42 at several places for its replacement.
So I binned it.

You should have kept it and bought a new model of the same voltage and 1
month later taken it back with duff batty attached and asked them for a
replacement drill 'as the battery is not holding its charge'. ;-)

That would be very dishonest, though.

Just as dishonest, IMO, as universally quoting £42 for a consumable (not
ex-stock) that was once an integral part of a £40 deal. They lost a former
customer, and possibly that decision may influence other potential buyers
reading this....
Why are any spares and consumables so transparently exhorbitantly priced?
Jim
Jim