Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes

Default Use of chocolate block?

"Patrick" wrote in message news:dnrooi$4f$1

What I did and I'm just wanting to check that this was a legitimate thing
to do was to use a 15amp chocolate block to combine the mains cables
together (3 live into one and 3 neutral into another) I then got some ring
mains cable from homebase and used a few inches of this to connect the
chocolate blocks to the feed of the fused spur.

Messy but not uncommon, adding in a short extension like this is OK as long
as all connections are enclosed (which they are) so it is OK ... but change
out the connector block to 30A (or higher)

Rick