Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Gregory

Default cordless drill

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
k...
mike wrote:
Hi All
My powerdevil 12volt cordless drill has now died. What cheap, £40 or
less drill
do you recomend. I have a mains hammer drill so do not need hammer
action in
the new cordless.

Thanks for any advice
Mike

Argos, forget the quips about Aldi and anything under £25.
http://tinyurl.com/72nlo

£25 for 3 powertool items in aldi, how sad
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

I had the forerunner of this rechargeable Bosch found at Argos. Very good
spec - 12V, keyless, reversible, varispeed at about £40 from Great Mills
over10 years ago. But when the accumulator failed several years later, I was
quoted £42 at several places for its replacement. So I binned it.

Next ones came from Wickes at about £17 and Robert Dyas at £21 each over 12V
with two powerpacks. One was a prezzie.
I advise u to buy a drill with two heavy accumulators (batteries to you)
supplied as standard at the outset.
Check if the Aldi drill on offer has got 2 powerpacks.
Jim