Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Lewis

Default Romex wiring

According to Robertm :

"buffalobill" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/electrical-wiring/part1/

I notice it says you must use lineman's pliers for twisting wires together.
However, I've watched several electricians stick two wires into a wirenut
and twist them together without twisting them together with pliers first.
Other electricians do use the pliers first then slap the wirenut on. Is one
method better than the other?

[I wrote the FAQ]

The real answer is follow the instructions on the box. There are some
wirenuts these days that should not be pretwisted. If there are
no instructions, twist the wires first with pliers - that is the
standard way, unless the instructions tell you otherwise.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est