Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Michael A. Terrell

Default The truth about OS/2!!!

John Doe wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" mike.terrell earthlink.net wrote:

John Doe wrote:

I would be very impressed if (in reality) you never had a
question appropriate for the homebuilt PC group.

I have repaired computers for 23 years. I teach free classes on
computer repair and how to build your own. I have worked with
embedded controllers, both custom design and PC-104 format. Some
of my computer work is in orbit aboard the ISS. Now that I am a
100% non service connected disabled veteran I have started a
program to collect and repair computers which are given to
disabled veterans who can't afford to purchase on on their
disability pension. I repair some motherboards and other computer
circuit boards, monitors and printers. I owned a used computer
business for a few years before I went back to electronics
manufacturing of communications equipment.

Maybe you should write an autobiography, elsewhere.

Do you have any idea how much bandwidth is available to the ISS,

The ISS has a 20 MHZ bandwidth KU-Band data link to and from the
ground.

Do you know who built the equipment, and where? Also, if they had
waited about a year to order the equipment they would have had the
option for 40 Mhz bandwidth. Unfortunatly, that equipment line was
dropped when our company was bought and shut down to get our newest
design. That receiver uses a variant of the MC68020 with a custom
realtime OS.

See if you can focus all that bandwidth on the current topic.

or what equipment they use? I worked on the KU band equipment used
for data and private video link to the ISS.

That suggests you are all knowing about picking parts for,
assembling, booting, and configuring a personal computer (and maybe
every other subject you discuss), but only in your head.

Whatever you want to believe, but my test stamp is on a number of
circuit boards in the custom 700 series reciever aboard the ISS.

--
Been there, Done that, I've got my DD214 to prove it.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida