Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman

Default OT but metal content: They do exist ...

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 21:10:02 +0100, (Nick Müller)
wrote:

That lady ('bout 30 old, not the nicest one but far from being ugly) is
telling me where to get OA gas and knows how the dealer will handle my
private bottles!

They do exist, good wimen. Even if they are disguised as chicken
grillers.

Serendipity. Some ladies actually listen when Dear Hubby shares
their secret sources....

Or she knows about that shop because that's where the local welder
they call when they need some stainless steel equipment TIG-welded
back together goes for his supplies...

Or her family runs a manufacturing shop in the area, and she spends
two days a week chasing down industrial supplies for Papa, and the
rest of the week cooking chicken for Uncle Hans...

Over here in the US, there are a lot of older women who know an
awful lot about industrial and manufacturing work if you know to ask
them. They haven't had the incentive to touch a wrench or a torch in
decades, they went back to their families, kitchens and knitting.
Their collective nickname was "Rosie the Riveter." Perhaps you've
heard of them?

PS:
That gas dealer (and welding equipment) made no problems and off I went
with two filled bottles and a shop I will revisit, because it is much
closer than the one I used to go to get welding stuff.

Moral: Never be afraid to talk to someone about something you are
absolutely sure they know nothing about - because you may be wrong.

And the best sources for finding good suppliers come from the oddest
places. Can't hurt to check them out.

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545