Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default cordless drill

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
k...
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"Andrew Mawson" wrote in message

"mike" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi All
My powerdevil 12volt cordless drill has now died. What cheap, £40 or
less drill
do you recomend. I have a mains hammer drill so do not need hammer
action in
the new cordless.

Thanks for any advice
Mike

Mike,

When my decent cordless died a couple of year ago, as an interim
measure I bought Wickes's own brand to get by. OK it's not fantastic
but it's still going and has done a heck of a lot of work.

AWEM

You can't go wrong with Wickes stuff. The DIY range (black) is cheap
enough and resonably well made, with a 2 yr guarantee. The Pro grey
drills are made by top makers and rebadged. Kress do the SDS drils.
Try the 15.6v drill drive/angle drill (made by Kress). Normally £130
down to £95 for a while but will go up again. Well worth and class
drill. A battery angle drill will cost you £100 minimum alone. This
is two in one.

For £25 Aldi have a drill/driver with a Johnson motor. Well made and
3 year guarantee. Best go now as it is a special.

What i would like to know is...

Why Aldi don't sell their power tools in the US and Aussie land? or is it
just that this country don't give a stuff about importing cheap garbage.

I think the drill is German.