Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

Default Can Dremel Tool Remove Tube Caulk?

clipped
The dremel will likely do more damage than good.

Bob

I agree. One slip and the tiles or tub will be scratched. Use a
utility knife, firm paint scraper or putty knife, and buy a grout
removal tool for about $10. Prepare to spend hours on the job, but
replacing the tiles would take even more work and expense, so grin and

I agree the Dremel should not be used for caulk removal, but is very
nice, fairly easy to use for renewing grout. Have to watch out for
spots that are narrower than the bit, as it will chip there when it
grabs into the tile. I forget the size of the bit - 1/16? I debated
between the tile saw and Dremel, and my over-sixty muscles don't like
that much work. Smushing in the new grout was tough enough. The OP
makes the wall sound like he needs to go down to the studs and get new wall.