Greg O

Default R15 (old) Car Freon Cans (1-2)

"Vaughn" wrote in message

"David A. Webb" wrote in message
You need the license to purchase R12, and to service any R12 system.

...For Consideration. I see no prohibition if you are working on your
own vehicles.

So far I would have to agree with you, but I am still digging!
At this point I will agree that it perhaps is ok for a person to work on his
own automobile AC system, BUT several places I have found requirements that
ALL refrigerants be recovered, period.
This pretty much puts it out of the scope of your typical DIY. What is the
pint of doing it yourself if you need to buy several hundred $$ of equipment
to do it!!

Also be aware of the date of the articles you are referencing. The original
laws regarding AC service are still active, but there has been revisions to
the early laws. I believe it is illegal for anyone to work on air
conditioning, I just can find it in the mountains of information available
from the EPA!
Greg