Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin Mormon

Default Generator

Hmm. Since a 10 HP Tecumseh supplies about 5 KW, what would you need to run
3750 KW?

Typically generators will run with no load. And the thermostat is either
battery, or powered from the furnace.

Are you having your 3750 KW generator delivered by semi trailer, and off
loaded by crane?

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

"TheMightyAtlas" wrote in message
ups.com...

I want to get a generator just to run my furnace fan if the power goes
out during the winter. We are in the Boston area, and the snowstorms
are pretty fierce. I know that 3750kw will be plenty of power for what
I need, but is this as simple as running the generator outside, running
an extension cord into the basement and plugging my furnace fan into
it. Or I guess, plugging everything in, and then starting teh
generator.

Does the generator run even when no power is being drawn from it. Also,
would the thermostat work without power? What about the furnace itself?