Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default what to do with 4.5"x16"x16' spruce?

"Toller" wrote in message
Just ripping it would be difficult; forget about resawing it.
Am I wrong about this? What does stuff like this sell for commercially?
(if it is even available...)

And yes, I intend on giving her half. But it would be better to give her
half of $10,000 than half of $100.

Selling it "as is" to someone that can use it may be best, but the market is
limited, I'd think. If you have no luck with local dealers, try cutting it
down. Chain saw if need be to 8' lengths and perhaps a Woodmizer mill to get
it to more usable boards.

Other potential users are some post and beam framers? Worth a phone call or
two.