Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

Default Need to find a motor

Daniel Kaplan wrote:
Thanks to all that helped, and www.goldmine-elec.com was truly a gold mine!
for $1.29 (plus six dolalrs shipping) i was able to fix my DVD player just
by replacing a dead motor.

I cannot express the giddiness I am feeling over finally being one up on the
universe!

Curious, everything I did here was tinkering, and recommendations on what to
get if I want to explore more? Start learning more about diagnosing bad
capicitors, etc?

As stupid as this sounds, fixing a $35 DVD player actually made me feel so
alive!

THanks again!

Well damn, it was the motor, I guess it's just one of those times...

Yeah that's exactly why I fix a good portion of the stuff I do, just
because I can and it's fun. There's plenty of things I've spent more
time mucking with than they were worth, but I knew I could fix them so I
kept at it until I did.