Posted to rec.woodworking
WillR

Default Rogers News Groups

Upscale wrote:
"WillR" wrote in message
I would have preferred Easynews -- but the billing doesn't work for
business purposes. Supernews or GigaNews I guess. Rogers should shut off
any hour/minute/second now. I'll get every byte I can -- considering
they just reduced the value of the service by about 20% per year and
will be collecting the same money. :-(

For almost a year, I used the unlimited news service of Agent Premium News
who are the makers of Forte Agent, the newsreader. At approximately $20CA a
month and with their much higher bitrate than the metered news service
provided by Rogers, I'll be going back to them.

It doesn't bother me much that Rogers is discontinuing Usenet, but whatdoes
exasperate me is that they're doing it while continuing to charge exactly
the same monthly fee. I'm currently looking around for a suitable DSL
replacement at which point I'll tell them to F off. And now that TV signals
are available from Sympatico through the phone wires, I may get around to
dumping their cable TV service too.

I have those same thoughts you know. TV, Cells, Internet -- all outside
in the trash can...

--
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art