BAH

Default Ideas please: materials and SHAPES for hiding a satellite dish

Disguise it as a sundial?
BAH

"Medallion Man" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I need to install an 800mm satellite dish without the end result
looking like one. There's already another one on the building,
getting planning permission for it was touch and go a few years ago
and I don't expect that things have lightened up in the meantime. Due
to the spacing of the satellites involved one of these multi-LNB
jobbies won't work, so the second dish will need to be hidden.

So far I've figured out:
1. It'll work just fine with the dish nearly flat and the LNB sticking
up, resulting in an overall height of only 750mm above ground level.
2. The corrugated plastic used for estate agent's signs by the lot who
sold our house to us (kept the sign as drip-on underlay when painting
;-) is transparent to microwaves.

So, a devilish plan is taking shape: Let's make a sculpture (rock,
snowman, racecar, garden gnome fishing in a pond, whatever) from that
corrugated plastic stuff, paint it as required, put it in the front
garden and hide the dish inside/underneath.

Is that corrugated plastic sheeting the best material or does the
esteemed group have other, better ideas ? Microwave transparency
essential, wood need not apply.

What's the wackiest idea for a suitable sculpture (min. 900mm diameter
footprint, at least 775mm high) that you can come up with (and that an
anal-retentive planning officer can't argue against) ?

Answers on a postcard^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H usenet post please, if I end up
realizing your idea I'll send a photo of the finished product to the
winner.