Posted to rec.woodworking
WillR

Default OT - Happy Holidays Gang

Tom Banes wrote:
On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:46:30 -0500, (J T)
wrote:

OK, here it is - Merry Christmas.

And the best for the New Year to all.

After about 9 months of following threads here and posting a few
random thoughts, I can say that, as NGs go, this is probably as good
as we old farts intended when we started the first net, lo' these many
years ago. Dial-up to CompuServ at 800 baud????

You must have had the "advanced" MODEM. I had 300BAUD acoustic coupler
originally for my Apple II (Yes Integer version). It was a bit of a
comedown after working on 9600/4800/2400 BAUD lines on "real"
(synchronous) communications gear. :-)

ARPNET???
ARPANET -- It's not _that_ old. Hmmppphhh

Regards.

--
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art