Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller

Default Whats with this HD plywood?

In article , "Toller" wrote:
I bought a sheet of 3/4" oak plywood from HD yesterday and had them cut it
up. The splintering on the edges was horriblel it was bad on both the top
and bottom. The operator apologized; he said it is just this particular
plywood that splinters, all the others are fine.
I figured they were just too cheap to replace a dull blade.

I had them cut it oversized, and when I recut the edges on my TS it
splintered there also. Much much less then it did at HD, but certainly
worse than any other plywood I have cut.

I suppose it doesn't really matter, but I am curious if anyone knows what
could be wrong with this plywood.

It's cheap ****, that's what's wrong with it. DUH!

If you want decent plywood, buy it at a real lumberyard.

--
Regards,