Ron Bean

Default What is the future of manufacturing?

"Ed Huntress" writes:

Here's one of them:

http://www.machiningmagazine.com/China.pdf

We've published two, and both are now accessible from
www.machiningmagazine.com. The third one is being written.

OK, I see the links now. The other one is at:
http://www.machiningmagazine.com/ToughQuestions.pdf

As I write this I'm listening to Commerce Secretary Don Evans on C-Span
talking about how many opportunities China's market is providing for us.

Those opportunities seem to be more ideological than real.

Several people have suggested linking imports to exports, dollar
for dollar. It would be difficult to enforce, and certain special
interests would scream bloody murder, but I think they'd actually
pick up more domestic business than they'd lose in foreign
business. Every country in the world wants to export more than
they import, but that's not a realistic expectation.