Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Anderton

Default Chimney Lining...

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:39:57 +0000 (UTC),
(Gordon Henderson) wrote:

In article .com,
wrote:

Put the liner in, fill with vermiculite, seal it up, put pot back on,
connect stove and off I go?

Gordon, are you going to use the flexible stuff or a jointed sections?

Flexible. Only becaue I've never heard of jointed stuff!

I'm not sure if this is what Chris means but my chimney liner consists
of a number of 1m long steel(?) pipes of about 20cm diameter which you
slot together and then slide up the chimney. This means you can build
up from the bottom (If there's room to work) which was great for me
because a) I can't stand heights and b) my chimney is difficult to get
to from outside.

OTOH I do have a 'walk-in' fireplace so that made it easier :-)

Cheers,

John