Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house

Default Heat your house with corn?

Thanks for the datapoint.
I'm curious. Are you a small farmer (own use only) or selling on the
market? Other examples I've read come out the other way. But I'm not
in that farming industry so I don't have any way of sorting out the
nonsense from the special interests.

I'm still not at all supportive of the subsidies. Paying money to keep
the price high just doesn't work. And whatever the tax mechanism, tax
money is going in there somewhere.

Based on what I read on labels, most pesticides I believe are
petroleum-sourced. Organic controls will be different.

Depending on where you grow the corn, irrigation and its water/energy
costs will factor in.