Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller

Default what to do with 4.5"x16"x16' spruce?

"Goedjn" wrote in message
On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 19:40:30 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

A neighbor has a garage full of barn salvaged spruce; 25 pieces measuring
4.5" x 16" x 16'. There are some nail holes on the sides and it is
filthy;
but two passes through my drum sander and it looks pretty good. It is
straight and flat.

She will be moving and doesn't want to take it with her. In fact she
doesn't want it at all; a boy friend talked her into buying it 20 years
ago
and then disappeared. She doesn't care what I do with it, she just wants
me
to get rid of it for her.

I figure it has to have value; geez, I've never even seen wood that size.
But who would buy it? Any ideas? (Rochester NY...)

How soon do you have to get rid of it?

No big hurry, by summer.