Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Insuring a vacant house

On 15 Dec 2005 08:01:16 -0800, wrote:

I'm in the process of moving across the country, am selling my present
home. Called my insurance agent today (Farmer's) to tell him of the
move, thinking some adjustment to the home owner's policy would be
required (on the one hand the house is vacant, so presumably more
vulnerable, on the other it's empty, so no content is there to be
harmed) he told me they will not insure an empty house & as far as he
knows no one will. I almost wish I had not mentioned it, but you can
be sure if I hadn't & the damn place had burned down, they wouldn't
have paid anyway if they found out it was vacant. Anyway, anyone have
any advice on insuring an empty house while it is on the market?

TIA

Rick

Yoe dood.....
Give yo keys to da ganger bangers in da hood. Dis be a fukkin good
drug n partee pad fo us to have sum fun. I be da man to bee sure yo
house is safe an no doods fuk wid it. Yo gots yoself a deal bro.

Marco