Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

Default what are these ground pipes?

"Lawrence Wasserman" wrote in message
In article .com,
Russ wrote:
There is a basement but they are not near any basement windows. They
look like some sort of utility pipe. They are not decorative at all.
The house was built in 1949. I don't think it's for a flower box. One
of them is above the water line and one on the side is near the natural
gas meter. The other is near nothing. Hitching post, rodent chin ups or
boot scrapers? Hmmm, great ideas but I don't think it would work well
for those either . Hopefully I can rule out an underground oil tank.
That was my main concern. More ideas?

In a row-house neighborhood where I once lived it was common to see
"clothes driers" near or attached to houses, that were made from 3/4
or 1" iron pipe.

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

Must have been Lilliput since the pipes ate only 8" high. Or maybe
someplace with Smurfs